Fall Activities in Blue Ridge, Georgia
• Blue Ridge Scenic Railway - enjoy a train ride excursion alond the Toccoa River from Blue Ridge to McCaysville. Indoor and Outdoor cars.
• Fields of the Wood Bible Park - located in Murphy, NC (30 minutes from Blue Ridge). Claimed the #1 Family Attraction in the Entire Smokies Area. Experience the peacefulness that Fields of Woods Bible Park offers - free to all who enter, from sunrise to sunset - Here you will find the Word of God beautifully engraved in stones all throughout the many acres of this serene park. Most spectacular of all - Climb the Ten Commandments Mountain where you will find 4feet x 5 feet high concrete letters and numbers, proudly displaying the Ten Commandments on the entire slope of this mountain. At the top you will find a 30 foot Bible, and from that you can view beautiful panoramic views. See Golgotha, go inside a replica of Jesus' tomb, visit the Psalms of Praise, hike the nature trails, climb to the top and pray atop Prayer Mountain, enjoy food, gift shop, picnic area, duck pond and more.
• Huck's General Store located on Main Street in Historic Downtown Blue Ridge - step into Huck's and find yourself stepping back in time to an old- fashioned store with lots of goodies for both kids and adults. Huck's offers Gem-mining - the most educational fun, and sought-after experience you and your kids will experience in this area! Miniature golf - deceivingly complex course, loads of fun! From unique dips, sauces, coffees, soaps, and mugs to barrels of old-fashioned candies, unique toys, books, and the list goes on! A fun hang-out for kids of all ages - and adults! 706-946-4825
The Lilly Pad Village located on Aska Rd near the Toccoa Riverside Restaurant. Offers a full day packed with fun for the whole family. Enjoy putt putt, gem mining, pond fishing, cafe with outdoor seating, ice cream parlor, and guided hikes by appointment. An excellent place to bring the kids and make some lasting memories. 706 534 1317
• Ocoee Whitewater Center - hiking, biking, picnics, nature trails, gift shop, swimming
• Pickin’ in the Park – May - September. Enjoy live acoustic music including traditional Appalachian, Bluegrass, Blues and Jazz music every Thursday from 6:00pm - Dusk during the months of May through September alongside the Toccoa River at Ron Henry-Horseshoe Bend River Park in McCaysville, Georgia. Pickin' In The Park® is a series of weekly jam sessions that nurture local acoustic music. Bring your instruments and participate in these weekly jam sessions along the river in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains ... or come listen, grill-out and dance! 706-492-5030
• Swan Drive-in – check website for movies and times
• Mercier Orchard – apple picking every weekend in September, several gift shops featuring gourmet food items, kitchen accessories, children's toys, bird store, floral department, bakery, ice cream, fudge
• Shopping/Antiquing in Downtown Blue Ridge find more than you ever imagined would be in a quaint little mountain town. From open air flea markets and farmers markets to high end boutiques offering anything from designer jewelry to international collectables and gourmet wines.
• Southern Tree Plantation – October and November enjoy hay rides, pony rides, pumpkin pickin, marshmallow roasting, barnyard playground, giant wooden maze, kids train ride, giant inflatable slide, and more. 706 745 0601
• Uncle Shucks Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch - recognized as one of America's top corn mazes! Uncle Shuck's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Dawsonville is a 20-acre "agri-tainment" complex. The main attraction continues to be the 12-acre field of living cornstalks, in which four miles of trails are carved into a Celestial Design of a sunburst and crescent moon and stars. Visitors are encouraged to enjoy complimentary activities, including a giant sunflower garden, covered picnic pavilion, Kiddie KORNer play area - with its tractor display and mini soybean maze. Popular fee-based activities include evening bonfires, tractor-drawn hayrides, pony rides (all on weekends), a corn cannon (daily), and haunted trails for Halloween (special dates). Fresh food and refreshments are served on weekends.
Ride the Rails Festival a 5 miles round trip by railroad motor car traveling through the Iron Bridge over the beautiful Toccoa River, then returning over the bridge back to the beautiful Mineral Bluff Depot. Along the ride and at your destination in Murphy, NC enjoy local foods, cotton candy, warm ciders, and live music. For more information 706 455 8903
• Georgia Mountain Fall Festival - October 7-15, 2011 - Arts, crafts & exhibits. Clogging, singing, authentic mountain demonstrations, pioneer village, kiddie rides, musical performances, a flower festival, and the Swampmaster show for alligator wrestling. Regional food and lots of fun for the whole family. Located at the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in Hiawassee 1311 Music Hall Road, Hiawassee, GA 30546.
• Mountain Harvest Arts and Craft Sale - October 15-16, 22-23 - 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. 40th annual event Mountain Arts & Crafts, food and fun for the whole family. No admission fee and free parking. Lots of local vendors. Fannin County Homemakers Council 706-258-4848
• Blue Ridge Community Theatre - Whether a visitor or a resident there is always something going on by way of dramas, comedies, and musical productions produced by the Blue Ridge Community Theater. 706-632-9223
• Horseback Riding: Adventure Trail Rides is nearby many of our cabins especially Casa Bella. The owner Derrick Callihan is an especially friendly guy and really shows you the true beauty of the Blue Ridge countryside. There are scenic trail rides for adults and children: 1 hour and 2 hours at $25 and $35 per person. Call 706 258 BARN
• Fun World Family Entertainment Center: located in Hiawassee, about 40 minutes up Hwy 515 towards Blairsville- perfect place for the family, as there is something for everyone ranging from batting cages, foam factory, lasar tag, go-cart racing, over a hundred arcade games, indoor miniature golf, inflatables, toddler town, rock climbing wall, and so much more! 706-896-7777
• Halloween Safe Zone, Downtown Blue Ridge
• Light up Blue Ridge,
• Explore Wildlife Habitats, including Gorillas, Kangaroos, and Lunching with Llamas - http://www.cabin-rentals-of-georgia.com/activities-outdoor-activities-wi...
Geocaching is an adventure game for GPS users, who can use the location coordinates given online to find the caches. You will find a treasure in the cache, and are asked to leave a little fascinating something for the next visitors. Type in our zip code 30513, to find the local caches and begin your treasure hunt! You will hike some great paths that are off the beaten trail around Blue Ridge, and you will learn about some fascinating history where some caches are located - talk to hunters and hikers in the area that know the land like the back of their hand! Fun adventure for families!
Also check out our Top 20 Things to do in Blue Ridge for more activity ideas