Located 6 miles outside Chattanooga, TN, making a day trip from your luxury cabin in Blue Ridge, GA will be well worth the experience. Just an hour and a half away, traveling along the Ocoee River through the Ocoee Gorge, the beautiful drive makes the time fly by. As you drive around Blue Ridge, you'll see many homes showcasing the famous Rock City birdhouses. Be sure to pick one up on your trip!
Rock City is a unique geological and botanical wonder. Located atop Lookout Mountain in Georgia, this scenic, natural attraction offers an experience of enchanting beauty. Rock City is a true marvel of nature featuring massive ancient rock formations and lush gardens with over 400 native plant species. A 4,100-foot self-guided walking trail showcases these soaring rock formations, caves, lush gardens, and even a waterfall. Offering a panoramic view of seven states is breathtaking on a clear day, and perfect for family photographs! Experience the Incline Railway, Ruby Falls, and Rock City and have the time or your life on top of the world.
Some Special Features:
- 60 to 90-minute, self-guided walking tour along The Enchanted Trail that gently meanders through the 14-acre property.
- Massive rock formations estimated to be 200 million years old
- Gardens featuring more than 400 different species of native wildflowers, plants, shrubs and trees.
- Panoramic views of seven states from 1,700 feet above sea level
- View of the Chattanooga Valley and Missionary Ridge-Civil War battlefields
- Some points of interest along The Enchanted Trail include:
• White Fallow Deer Park
• 100-foot waterfall
• 1,000-ton balanced rock
• Swing-A-Long Bridge (ideal for pictures)
• Legendary view of seven states from Lover's Leap
• Fairyland Caverns and Mother Goose Village
- Several Dining options
- Gift and Souvenir Shop