Rock City is a unique geological and botanical wonder. Located atop Lookout Mountain in Georgia, this scenic, natural attraction offers people of all ages an opportunity to experience enchanting beauty as they adventure along a nature trail. Rock City Gardens is an enchanted, 4,100-foot walking trail showcasing soaring rock formations, caves and lush gardens.
Some Special Features:
- 60 to 90-minute, self-guided walking tour along The Enchanted Trail that gently meanders through the 14-acre property.
- Massive rock formations estimated to be 200 million years old
- Gardens featuring more than 400 different species of native wildflowers, plants, shrubs and trees.
- Panoramic views of seven states from 1,700 feet above sea level
- View of the Chattanooga Valley and Missionary Ridge-Civil War battlefields
- Some points of interest along The Enchanted Trail include:
• White Fallow Deer Park
• 100-foot waterfall
• 1,000-ton balanced rock
• Swing-A-Long Bridge (ideal for pictures)
• Legendary view of seven states from Lover's Leap
• Fairyland Caverns and Mother Goose Village