- The Blue Ridge Scenic Railway: Downtown Blue Ridge at the historic Depot. Ride the train alongside the beautiful Toccoa River from Blue Ridge to McCaysville/Copperhill, TN. Fun for the whole family. Call for ticket information at 706-632-9833, or visit the Depot and the Railway Gift Store.
- Fields of the Wood Bible Park - located in Murphy, NC (30 minutes from Blue Ridge). Claimed the #1 Family Attraction in the entire Smokies or North Georgia Area. Experience the peacefulness that Fields of Woods Bible Park offers - free to all who enter, from sunrise to sunset - Here you will find the Word of God beautifully engraved in stones all throughout the many acres of this serene park. Most spectacular of all - Climb the Ten Commandments Mountain where you will find 4 feet x 5 feet high concrete letters and numbers, proudly displaying the Ten Commandments on the entire slope of this mountain. At the top you will find a 30 foot Bible, and from that you can view beautiful panoramic views. See Golgotha, go inside a replica of Jesus' tomb, visit the Psalms of Praise, hike the nature trails, climb to the top and pray atop Prayer Mountain, enjoy food, gift shop, picnic area, duck pond and more.
3. The Lilly Pad Village located on Aska Rd near the Toccoa Riverside Restaurant. Offers a full day packed with fun for the whole family. Enjoy putt putt, gem mining, pond fishing, cafe with outdoor seating, ice cream parlor, and guided hikes by appointment. An excellent place to bring the kids and make some lasting memories. 706 534 1317
4. Play in Downtown Blue Ridge Park: Charming park right in the center of North Georgia's Downtown Blue Ridge, location of Arts in the Park and Wildlife Arts Festivals, summer concerts, movie nights, and Blue Ridge Mountain Adventure Race finish line. Picnic tables, playground and gazebo.
5. Mercier Orchards: Georgia Hwy 5. More than a farmers market. They have the best fried pies, apple cider, apples, peaches, frozen fruit drinks, jams, preserves, meat market, bird seed shop, housewares, florals, gift shop, garden nursery, . Grab a boxed lunch for your picnic. Open year-round in this North Georgia area..
6. Picnic at Horseshoe Bend Park on the River: McCaysville. Pretty park located in the bend of the Toccoa River on River Road off Hwy. 60. Fishing, playground, covered picnic tables, ball fields, restrooms. Home to Pickin' in the Park live music evenings May through September - live Blue Grass, Country.
7. Whitewater Rafting: Raft the wild Ocoee River just 30 minutes from North Georgia's historic Blue Ridge. Class 3 and 4 rapids and non-stop action.
8. Pontoon and jet ski rentals at Lake Blue Ridge Marina - rent a pontoon or jet skis and spend the day on North Georgia's beautiful Lake Blue Ridge. 706-632-2618
9. Swim at Morganton Point Recreation Area: Recreation area on North Georgia's Lake Blue Ridge with fishing, swimming - there' s a beach area, picnicking, restrooms, boating and camping. Pebble beach. 2 paved boat ramps. Directions: Hwy 515 (going towards Blairsville) to Hwy 60 - turn right, at T in road - turn left continuing on Hwy 60, once in Morganton stay straight and turn right on Lake Dr. to Recreation Area.
10. Tube the Toccoa River - Fun for all ages. Toccoa Valley Campground (706-838-4317) on Aska Road offers tube, kayaks, funyaks rentals and tube trips down the Toccoa River. Jon Ron Outfitters (706-258-3479) also offers river rental equipment. Rolling Thunder River Company (706-492-5720) offers rentals and trips.
11. Horseback Riding: Lots of choices for outfitters/stables in the North Georgia area.
12. Fishing: Trout Capital of Georgia! Contact Toccoa River Outfitters for the best guided trophy trout fishing in North GA! Andrew and his crew will give you an experience of a lifetime on the Toccoa River, but also on 1/2 mile of private stream (Noontootla Creek) where blue ribbon browns and bows abound.
13. Explore the Ocoee Whitewater Center: Site of the 1996 Summer Olympics. Great fun for the kids! Hiking trails, swimming holes, nature exhibits, Legacy Bridge. Hwy 64 between Ducktown, TN and Cleveland, TN approximately 35 minutes from North Georgia's historic Blue Ridge.
14. Drive-in Movie: Enjoy a drive-in movie at the Swan Drive-in, one of Georgia's four remaining drive-in theaters. 706-632-5235. Also, North Georgia's Blue Ridge Twin Cinema is located on Hwy 5 (behind the McDonalds). 706-632-7202
15. Hiking: Hiking trails and waterfalls abound in the area. Hike North Georgia's Aska Trails on Aska Road in the Aska Adventure Area, or visit the Swinging Bridge over the Toccoa River. For more information and directions to specific hikes click on Activities - Outdoor Activities - Hiking on our website.
16. Bowling: Fannin Lanes - 4115 East First Street in Blue Ridge. 706-632-2064
17. Fannin County Library - Children's Story Time every Tuesday at noon - story and crafts. Located in the Fannin County Courthouse across the street from the park. Hours: Tues - Fri. 9a-5p. 706-632-5263
18. Community Theater - enjoy dramas, comedies, and musical productions, plus a 2-week children's acting camp (Sunny D's Children's Theater) and performance during June. For more information: 706-632-9223
19. Mountain Biking – https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/dealers/blue-ridge/
20. Rent a Cabin - Even locals will rent a cabin a town or two away just for a quick break as to enjoy the hot tub , and to play countless games of pool, to relax and escape the day in day out life for a moment. So whether you're driving 20 to 30 minutes from Jasper or Canton Ga, or driving 90 minutes up from Atlanta, 60 minutes from Helen or Dahelonga, or 6+ hours from Florida....Relax, you're on mountain time here.